Kiera Cass Book Signing in Manila and Cebu


Yep. You read that one right. Kiera Cass, author of The Selection and The Elite, is coming this August 3 and 4 in Manila and Cebu, respectively. I received an email from National Book Store about it and I knew I just had to post it for the benefit of the fans of Cass. I can fully say and please do NOT kill me... I haven't read the book. I just haven't got the time plus I've been hearing a so-so reviews...

Anyway, here's the details of the said book signing that will happen this Saturday and Sunday. 
EVENT: TALK & BOOK SIGNING: KIERA CASS
WHEN: AUGUST 3 / 4 PM & AUGUST 4 / 3 PM
WHERE: NATIONAL BOOK STORE, GLORIETTA 1 & ACTIVITY CENTER, AYALA CENTER CEBU
Described as “a cross between The Hunger Games… and The Bachelor” by Publishers Weekly, The Selection tells the story of America Singer who is chosen to be one of the 35 girls to compete in the Selection to win the heart of Prince Maxon and be Illea’s next queen. For America, at first, being Selected is a nightmare—she has to leave her secret love Aspen, a caste below her, and to live in a palace that is threatened by violent rebel attacks. But meeting the prince changes everything she believes in.
In The Elite, the sequel which came out in April, only six girls remain to compete for the crown and only one will get to marry Prince Maxon. As the Selection is narrowed down to the Elite, the other girls are more determined to win Maxon over, and time is running out for America to decide. She is still torn between her two futures—to be with Maxon or to be with Aspen.
Kiera Cass was born and raised in South Carolina and currently resides in Blacksburg, Virginia with her husband and two kids. Her other works include the self-published novel The Siren and the short story In the Clearing, which is included in the anthology Brave New Love. The One, the final book in The Selection trilogy, will hit shelves in May 2014.
These events are made possible in partnership with Raffles Makati, the official residence of Kiera Cass in Manila, and Ayala Center Cebu.
Registration opens at 10:00 am on August 3 at National Book Store, Glorietta 1 and 12:00 nn on August 4 at the Activity Center of Ayala Center Cebu.
Cass also got an entry in her blog about it... Read here. Don't forget to check out her FAQs. :) I attended events like this hosted by National Bookstore twice already. First time was when Lauren Oliver came in the Philippines. I was with my cousin and bf then. It was so superb seeing your favorite author up close. I even hugged her! :)

Second time was with Tahereh Mafi and Ransom Riggs. I just finished reading the first book. I really tried to finish it before coming. I was reading at work and I got a night shift then so I went home early in the morning, then sleep for awhile then went to the venue ALONE. LOL. I love Tahereh. :) She's fun. And her fashion is so COOL. And I don't actually know Ransom Riggs but he is the author of the book, Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. And yes, I did bought his book too and had it signed. ;)

What I'm trying to say was that I know you'll definitely enjoy being with Kiera Cass. I am not going in Saturday, so I hope you all enjoy the signing and get lots of pictures! :) ENJOY, everyone!!! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

up