ARC Review: More Than Jamie Baker by Kelly Oram (Jamie Baker #2)

Title: More Than Jamie Baker (Jamie Baker #2)
Author: Kelly Oram
Genre: Young Adult, Science Fiction, Romance
Release Date: 13th October 2013
Rating: 
Review Copy: eARC from Kelly Oram
Book Blurb from Goodreads:
Jamie Baker, the only girl in the world with superpowers, has now accepted who she is and learned to control her power. Not to mention she has the best boyfriend on the planet. Life is finally looking good. But the day she witnesses an accident and decides not to save the guy out of fear of being exposed, she realizes that simply being Jamie Baker isn't enough.
After seeing Jamie so wrecked with guilt, the ever-helpful Ryan Miller decides it's time to make all of his fantasies about turning his girlfriend into an honest-to-goodness superhero become a reality.
Of course, coming up with a decent Super Name and fending off all of Ryan's attempts to get her into spandex aren't the only problems Jamie faces. The more her alter ego starts to make headlines, the harder it becomes for Jamie to hide her extracurricular activities from her best friend, the government, radical scientists, and the mysterious new guy who is determined to steal her from her boyfriend.
REVIEW:

OMFG!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! I feel like crying at the end. DAMMIT. Not that! I want the third book! PLEASE!!!! I NEED IT! :(((

One might be confused or annoyed as to why I am telling you the ending... No, it's not a spoiler. Just a warning that for me, it ended in a cliffhanger. I don't wanna tell why but maybe it is not for you... But if you read it, I guess it is. LMAO. Yes, I know, I'm one confusing chick. :P

I loved Being Jamie Baker since I first started reading Kelly Oram's books. It is my first book of hers and I say I am quite impressed with how she writes. She is one witty writer. Very smart woman. So it is not really a shock that now I'm a big follower of hers (yes, I just joined a cult for Kelly Oram. lol).

I have waited for so long for this second book of hers. And I must say she did not disappoint me. I was smiling the whole time... Well, if I'll be honest, I'm not always. lol. I'm irritated with the new guy. Who's the new guy? READ the book. It's just that he is so annoying for me. See that last sentence in the blurb??? "the mysterious new guy who is determined to steal her from her boyfriend." That alone was making me so annoyed at the new guy. Maybe it's just me but honestly, that is how I felt. 

I liked that it is action packed. And how they grow as a person. I also like that part with Mike... Yes. I think it is just right to make it like that with Mike... I actually didn't expect Mike to make an appearance in the second book. I got so many parts that I love, that I can't begin to list it down. >.< I love how Jamie interacts with people, well maybe not to the new guy, but to Mike and to that reporter (forgot his name). She's still as sassy as I remember. 

Jamie makes a decision while thinking of Ryan and her family. She wants what is best for them, meaning, she doesn't wanna hurt them or she does not want anyone to hurt her family and Ryan... So yes, decision making time. 

Oh yeah, did I say it got a total cliffhanger at the ending? Yes? Well, I'm saying it again. Better be prepared for it. And wait for next year for Remember Jamie Baker. Can't wait! :)

I haven't mentioned Ryan Miller at all! OMG! Of course, Ryan is still awesome. He is totally supportive of Jamie. Even to Becky. 

Seriously, you must read it! :) I recommend it to everyone!! :) Enjoy! And hurray! It is out today!!! :)

GET IT HERE
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

up