Book Review: Blood and Guitars by Heather Jensen (Blood and Guitars #1)

Genre: Paranormal, Vampire, Young Adult, Music, Arts
Release Date: August 17, 2011
Rating: 
Book Blurb from Goodreads:

I was living a rock star’s dream and, from the outside looking in, I had everything a guy could wish for. But there was something missing. I had never imagined there was anything better than having thousands of devoted fans scream out my name. That all changed the night I looked into her poison green eyes. - Trey
He shouldn't have been able to make me feel anything, least of all alive. I would be risking everything to be with him. He was human and that was dangerous enough, but for all my moon-given talents, I was powerless against him. - Aurora


When Aurora meets Trey, a famous singer and musician, she’s only hoping to get her fill of human blood for the week. The last thing Aurora expects is for Trey to make her feel alive for the first time since she was, well, alive. It begins with a casual painting lesson at her art studio, The Waking Moon, and quickly turns into a forbidden romance. Aurora is forced to hide her true identity from Trey, while keeping her relationship with the human a secret from other vampires in her Brood. Trey’s band is recording a new album and with Aurora as his muse, Trey is writing songs like never before. After being hired by their record label to paint the cover of the new album, Aurora has a legitimate reason for spending so much time with Trey and his band mates. Aurora can’t deny the unexpected connection she has with Trey, which is fueled by glimpses into his emotions every time they share a kiss. Caught between two worlds, Aurora must attend celebrity award shows and vampire rituals, find time to feed, and protect Trey from the dangers of the night, all while preserving her secrets.
First posted in my Goodreads account. :)


First and foremost, if you feel strongly about music and arts, this book is for you. If you want some action-packed paranormal vamp book, then I suggest, you go read something else. But then again, JP said that in book 2 there'll be lots of action scene. Though, who am I to actually prove that if I just finish this book today after four days? *shrugs*

So, this book was written in a two POV style. Uh, don't know what it's called. But the first one who's thoughts you'll read was Aurora's and honestly, in the first 6 Chapters, if I'm not mistaken, she will bore you about Vampires. It's not really that much, I mean, it's kinda vague. The other POV was Trey's. AND I'll guarantee you, Trey will NOT BORE you. I swear about that. That's the only thing that keep me going. I mean, I like Trey and his music and the arts, Aurora's painting. But the music part is SO MUCH better than the Vampire part.

You'll think this is a chick lit story, you'll only be reminded that it is a Vamp book cause of the occasional mention of the word Vampire and blood, fangs and all that shenanigans.

Eessh. I actually forgot what I'm about to write since I was distracted by someone's post. Uh, I guess that's it? LOL. I really can't remember and I feel like I'm just gonna repeat whatever I said in the first few paragraphs. I think I said it already. I like the music. And Trey, that's why this one was rounded up to 4 stars. ;)

Oh, okay, I remember some, it's just that I was surprised at how Trey reacted to Aurora when she told him the truth. SPOILER: I didn't expect he'll just go with it and how easily he accepted the offer of Aurora to change him.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

up