Book Review: Obsession by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Title: Obsession
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Genre: Adult, Paranormal Romance, Science Fiction
Release Date: 31st May 2013
Ratings: 
Book Blurb from Goodreads:
He’s arrogant, domineering, and... To. Die. For.
Hunter is a ruthless killer. And the Department of Defense has him firmly in their grasp, which usually doesn’t chafe too badly because he gets to kill bad guys. Most of the time he enjoys his job. That is, until he’s saddled with something he’s never had to do before: protect a human from his mortal enemy.
Serena Cross didn’t believe her best friend when she claimed to have seen the son of a powerful senator turn into something... unnatural. Who would? But then she witnesses her friend’s murder at the hands of what can only be an alien, thrusting her into a world that will kill to protect their secret.
Hunter stirs Serena’s temper and her lust despite their differences. Soon he’s doing the unthinkable—breaking the rules he’s lived by, going against the government to keep Serena safe. But are the aliens and the government the biggest threats to Serena’s life… or is it Hunter?
 
REVIEW:

I've been putting off this review for so long. And good memory is not (most DEFINITELY) my strongest suit in case of reading or in life, generally. Although I remember the STRANGE and RANDOM stuffs. :P In any case, enough babbling about things not associated in this book.

Hmmm... When I first picked up Obsidian, Lux Series. I'm really not particularly fond of reading Alien kind of books. Since as I have mentioned in my review of Obsidian back then, when I think of Aliens, I thought of those gruesome movies I've seen. But after reading Obsidian, after falling for Daemon in Onyx, I know... I know that I'm liking the series.

So when I saw that there's a spin-off... And that it's about an Arum, the counterpart of Luxens... I don't know what to think about. My friends said that it is an Adult novel because it was published by Entangled Publishing, which I think we all know they mostly publish Adult/Erotic books. So that being said, it's really not my alley since I mostly read Young Adult or New Adult. Not that I stay away from Adult books, I do read those, it's just I'm a bit picky about it...
Who else are better to protect her against a Luxen than an Arum?
BUT, when I started reading it, I am intrigued by Hunter, the Arum. I know that since this is a book about an Arum (they are well, evil, murderers), I know that Hunter will redeem himself by the end of the book. That's how it was always written. Bad boys turning into one of the good guys because they fall in love.

What I liked about Hunter was that he proved that he'll be worth it. That even if he was bad, there's some goodness in him. I like how he is not really one of the bad guys. He just got his own way of dealing things.
“Hunter's stomach was perfection—each taut muscle tight and totally lickable. Not that I'd ever licked a man's stomach before, but now I got why someone would want to. I was in six-pack heaven.” 
Serena, was someone that has... strong personality? Or should I say she's hard-headed. lol. Well, she's a bit annoying, but I guess when did I ever not get annoyed by female characters of Armentrout? *cough* Katy *cough* Well I like how she accepted Hunter for who he really was.

In any case, this book is awesome. The plot is really interesting, gripping and makes you want more. Especially all those HOT make out scenes, love scene and the... foreplay scene? LMAO. Well, I know that you, Lux and Arum fans alike all read it by now, so I'm not really spoiling it, am I? It's BOUND TO HAVE THOSE ANYWAY. It's ENTANGLED PUBLISHING we're talking about! :P

Love the book!! More please! And gosh, I loved that Daemon showed up just a bit! :)

BUY IT AT:
  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

up