Book Review: The Submissive by Tara Sue Me

Title: The Submissive (The Submissive Trilogy #1)
Author: Tara Sue Me
Genre: Adult, BDSM, Erotica, Contemporary Romance
Release Date: 7th February 2013
Ratings:  
Book Blurb from Goodreads:
Book One of the Submissive Trilogy
More than 8 Million Reads Online
The first in Tara Sue Me’s seductive and scandalous series that has enthralled millions…
Abby King has a secret fantasy.
New York knows Nathaniel West as the brilliant and handsome CEO of West Industries, but Abby knows he’s more: a sexy and skilled dominant who is looking for a new submissive. Yearning to experience a world of pleasure beyond her simple life as a librarian, Abby offers herself to Nathaniel, to fulfill her most hidden desires.
After only one weekend with the Master, Abby knows she needs more, and fully submits to Nathaniel’s terms. But despite the pleasure he takes in Abby’s willing spirit, the Nathaniel hidden behind the rules remains cold and distant.
As Abby falls deeper into his tantalizing world of power and passion, she fears that Nathaniel’s heart may be beyond her reach—and that her own might be beyond saving…
REVIEW:
Time and time again. I always remind everyone that I'm not an Adult/Erotica reader. Much less a BDSM one. I'm more of a Young Adult/New Adult reader. But I just wanted to read some contemporary today and I saw the second book up for ARC request. So I just looked at the first book and just told myself, "Sure, why not?" LOL.

Well, this one book is surprisingly good. BDSM removed, the lines are good, some witty remarks are good. Made me laugh or smirk. I enjoyed reading it. Of course there're lots of smut going on. Riding crop, spanking, plugs (shuddered at this one)... are always there.. The main plot or climax of the story is okay-ish. That's what I don't like. If they could just explain each other well... Hmmm... oh well. 

I think that'll be always the plot. Misunderstanding and all that. But yeah, I enjoyed reading it to the point I read it for just 6 hours. And yes, that's quite fast for me cause nowadays, I barely got enough time to read. And this is the first book in weeks that kept me reading non-stop.

“The red rose whispers of passion,
And the white rose breathes of love;
O the red rose is a falcon,
And the white rose is a dove.
But I send you a cream-white rosebud
With a flush on its petal tips;
For the love that is purest and sweetestHas a kiss of desire on the lips.”

And I just saw this today... Readers said that this novel is just another Twilight Fan Fiction. Honestly? I don't really see it. Or maybe it's just me not really thinking about Twilight the whole time I was reading it. And really. What's up with this authors nowadays. I just read bunch of reviews and as far as I understand it... E.L. James got her idea FROM THIS BOOK (or fanfic, I suppose), The Submissive. Oh boy. Oh well. 

I appreciate the book. And you all know that hot topic right now is an author plagiarizing her work But for me, even though this might be a Fan Fiction... As long as you put proper credits and disclaimer, your story line is YOUR OWN. Lines and other things are yours, it's fine. Who would want to read same story anyway? If you want a fan fiction, create your own story line. It's good if it's totally different from the original one. But then again, why not just create your OWN characters with personalities you thought of and everything. 

I actually believe nothing is wrong with published fanfiction. And again, it is as long as you give proper credits and disclaimer or if you want go and talk with the author first or something. Anyway, I like this book better than any other BDSM books I've read. Well I read FSoG and one other book about BDSM too. Forgot the title. Still thumbs up for me. :)

BUY IT AT: 
  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

up