ARC Review: Witch Finder by Ruth Warburton

Title: Witch Finder
Series: Witch Finder #1
Author: Ruth Warburton
Genre: Historical Fiction, Young Adult, Paranormal
Release Date: 2nd January 2014
Publisher: Hodder Children's Books
Rating: 
Review Copy: NetGalley
Pre-Order: Amazon | KoboTBD
Book Blurb:
London. 1880. In the slums of Spitalfields apprentice blacksmith Luke is facing initiation into the Malleus Maleficorum, the fearsome brotherhood dedicated to hunting and killing witches.
Luke’s final test is to pick a name at random from the Book of Witches, a name he must track down and kill within a month, or face death himself. Luke knows that tonight will change his life forever. But when he picks out sixteen-year-old Rosa Greenwood, Luke has no idea that his task will be harder than he could ever imagine.
*Thank you NetGalley and Hodder Children's books for the review copy!*

Took me long enough to read this one. I was closed to DNF-ing but I cannot, for the life of me, do that again to Deniz. >_< She finished it so I must suck it up and be done with it.

One reason I do not like historical setting was the mindset of the characters. Women are a whole lot weaker than men thing, the this is God's will (killing a witch) thing, I kinda hate the society back in early 17th or 18th century.

There is no way that God would want you to kill a human being and pass it as His judgement. It is so wrong to make it sound like it was His will. No. Just. NO. Main reason why I stay away from Historical. But anyway...

This book bored me to death. I struggled to finish it. I wanted to be done with it. I skimmed the over description (IMO) of surroundings, etc. It is the only way to make me finish it. It was so predictable and SO SLOW. The pacing is so damn slow that it feels like unacceptable. LOL.

And yes, I would not be reading the next book. I don't wanna torture myself. I'd rather read House Of Night than this historical setting witch book. I am sorry but I did not enjoy it one bit.

But if Historical is your thing and you wouldn't mind a slow paced book, then you might want to read this. Well, warned you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

up