Book Review: Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days #1) by Susan Ee

Title: Angel Fall (Penryn & the End of Days #1)
Author: Susan Ee
Genre: Angels, Young Adult, Paranormal, Dystopian, Post Apocalyptic
Release Date: May 21st, 2011 (Kindle Edition)
Rating:
Book Blurb from Goodreads:
It’s been six weeks since angels of the apocalypse descended to demolish the modern world. Street gangs rule the day while fear and superstition rule the night. When warrior angels fly away with a helpless little girl, her seventeen-year-old sister Penryn will do anything to get her back.
Anything, including making a deal with an enemy angel.
Raffe is a warrior who lies broken and wingless on the street. After eons of fighting his own battles, he finds himself being rescued from a desperate situation by a half-starved teenage girl. 
Traveling through a dark and twisted Northern California, they have only each other to rely on for survival. Together, they journey toward the angels’ stronghold in San Francisco where she’ll risk everything to rescue her sister and he’ll put himself at the mercy of his greatest enemies for the chance to be made whole again.


Warning: Unmarked Spoilers

After finishing this book, I look it up here in GR to see when will the next book be released. Sadly, no info yet. Just 2012. WTF? I want to read the next book right now!

Angelfall is Angel plus DYSTOPIA. I'm getting addicted to Dystopian series and Angel books are okay with me too, not my favorite though. BUT THIS BOOK SWEEPS ME OFF MY FEET. I was like, "OMG. I'm falling for cocky guys!", cause you know, cocky guys turns out they could be sweet too. ;)

The book was action-packed and I love it! There's no bore moments! I was immediately hooked and I feel like I'm one with Penryn. I mean, there's this scene that she's fighting a bastard guy (LOL), and she was jabbed in her breast. I was like, "aww! That hurts!" I swear I feel what she felt that time! That hasn't happened yet to me, only now.

Penryn is a strong girl/woman/lady/teen, whatever, I don't think her age was mentioned. I like it when she fights for her sister Paige, she cares for her family more than herself. I like that she's not whiny or mopey. And this is the first time (I think so) I've read a book that the character is HUMAN GIRL and can DEFEND HERSELF really well. THAT. IS. AWESOME.

And boy, Raffe. Raffe. Raffe. I'm effin' speechless with this Angel. I want him for myself. lol! I was sorry for him. His wings were torn off (cut-off) by Beliel (if I'm not mistaken) and he's not accustomed to walking. But... but... uh... I don't know how to continue to this review. LOL.

IT's just absofreakinlutely AWESOME!!! SO you should go read this book! Although you'll wait for months for the next book to be release.

Btw, I'm sometimes confused with the world before. I mean Penryn's life before the Angels arrived cause it didn't said much, just bits of info here and there. But well, it's okay. I love the book.

GO READ THE BOOK!!! :) THIS BOOK DESERVES A FIVE STAR. :)

P.S. How did I get to know this book? Well, *looks at Mel and Butterfly* They made me read it and THANK GOODNESS THEY DID!!! Thank you guys! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

up