ARC Review: The Rule of Three by Eric Walters

TITLE: The Rule of Three
SERIES: The Rule of Three, #1
AUTHOR: Eric Walters
GENRE: Young Adult, Dystopian
RELEASE DATE: 21st January 2014
PUBLISHER: Farrar, Straus and Giroux (BYR)
RATING: 
PURCHASE IT AT: Amazon | B&N | TBD
REVIEW COPY: NetGalley
BOOK BLURB:
One shocking afternoon, computers around the globe shut down in a viral catastrophe. At sixteen-year-old Adam Daley’s high school, the problem first seems to be a typical electrical outage, until students discover that cell phones are down, municipal utilities are failing, and a few computer-free cars like Adam’s are the only vehicles that function. Driving home, Adam encounters a storm tide of anger and fear as the region becomes paralyzed. Soon—as resources dwindle, crises mount, and chaos descends—he will see his suburban neighborhood band together for protection. And Adam will understand that having a police captain for a mother and a retired government spy living next door are not just the facts of his life but the keys to his survival, in The Rule of Three by Eric Walters.
REVIEW

*Received an ARC in exchange for honest review. Thank you!*

I really liked this book. Simple. Straight to the point. I love that the story is quite simple in a sense that the author didn't need to rebuild a whole new world. It is quite different with other post apocalyptic books I have read. Why, you ask? Simply because it can happen. Like right now, it might happen to us. It did happen back in time, like 30 years ago? Or something. I have read in a review of this book that it happened in US, a huge blackout for like 3 days.

I love all the characters in here. Especially Herb. I was imagining him as a really old man at first, hmmm... More like an 80 year old man. But as the story progressed, I pictured him as a 60 year old. or 50 year old. He's so awesome of a character. Together with Adam, they are unstoppable. I love that he didn't treat Adam like a kid. He treat him like an adult. He's a good leader. He's experienced. With Adam, he's like he regained his trust to people, even a bit. He's able to see there's still hope with people. He's also so boy scout. Prepared for everything. I love it!
"Trust comes from being able to predict. I can predict him, so I can trust him. Because I know how he will react, I can control him."
I can see Adam. I can picture him in my mind. He's a good character. I like that he flies. And I'm also worried with his father. I wonder what happened to him. And yes, Adam is also a good leader, a good speaker. He speaks from his mind and heart. With the right amount of everything. It's balanced.
"Crisis doesn't change people; it reveals them." -Herb
I am so looking forward to the next book. I hope I won't be waiting for long! :) Thank you for this amazing book! I'm definitely will be buying it! THANK YOU!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

up