BOTW: Greed by Fisher Amelie [REVIEW]

TITLE: Greed
SERIES: The Seven Deadly, #2
AUTHOR: Fisher Amelie
GENRE: New Adult, Contemporary Romance
RELEASE DATE: 27th October 2013
RATING: 
PURCHASE IT AT: Amazon | B&N | TBD
BOOK BLURB: 
Gather ‘round, love, because I want you. I want what you have, I want what you don’t have, I want more of what I already have. I want. But if you so much as ask for something in return, go ahead and walk away. Know if you want to play in my world, it’s every man for themselves and the weak become mine. Leeches will be obliterated because I make it my job to destroy them. I protect what’s mine and I take what’s yours…because that’s what I do. I want.
My story will not endear me to you and, frankly, I could care less if it does because I’m in this for the money and nothing else. There’s nothing redeeming about me. I’m a corrupt, money hungry, immoral asshole from Los Angeles. I’m every man’s worst nightmare and every girl’s fantasy.
I’m Spencer Blackwell…And this is the story about how I went from the world’s most coveted guy to the guy no one wanted around and why I wouldn’t trade it for anything in the world.
REVIEW:

This is for our BOTW! We're reviving it and actually we're on the 7th book. But this is the first book that I joined them again. >.<


Still thinking what to rate this... For the 80% part of this book, it is just a so-so for me. 2 stars... BUT the author decided to give us such a good twist that I almost curse her when I read it. So I don't know what to rate it. :/ I'll try later.

Hmmm... I like Spence but not as a book boyfriend. I would like to have him as my brother though. He got this quality that was endearing in a brotherly way. lol. I love that he put his sister first. And I hate his father. How could he do that to his kids is unfathomable to me.

Did I get the Piper thing? It is completely unnecessary in my opinion. And why does it have to be a girl? And it is so confusing as to what happened to them in the first part. I still don't get much of that scene... But maybe I will if I think about it again later. Right now though, I just want to sleep again. lol.

I like... Eugie the most. I almost cried when he end up like that... Anyway, it is a good story, nonetheless. Just didn't do much for me except towards the end. I actually told my friends that I can't see why the friends who read this liked it a lot. And I even thought that something might be wrong with me.

Spencer... This is about Greed right? But to be honest... It doesn't feel like Greed. I didn't see him being so greedy. I mean, hey, wouldn't you want a million dollars into your Swiss account too? And I think that shouldn't be the only basis to say that a person is greedy. Every rich kids or person wants money. I wanted to see how Spencer differs from the other rich people, know what I mean? Did he spends a lot? Does he acquire all the things he wanted? Like shiny things? All material things? If you presented Spencer with lots of expensive things besides his Aston car and big room (which I think should be given because he's rich man's kid), I might think of it better.

It's not enough to see the things he did for his Dad. It was actually not explained how it started, with him working for his Dad.

I honestly don't remember Spencer much in the first book, Vain. But as I read some reviews, he's awesome and badass. In here... not so well, if I daresay. But I do think it's because of his environment in this book? I don't know. But yeah. The twists, Fisher Amelie wrote was that good that I bumped it up by a star. But other than that, it's just an OKAY book until you get to that TWIST part.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

up