ARC Review: Faking Normal by Courtney C. Stevens

TITLE: Faking Normal
AUTHOR: Courtney C. Stevens
GENRE: Young Adult, Contemporary, Realistic Fiction
RELEASE DATE: 25th February 2014
PUBLISHER: HarperTeen
RATINGS: 
BUY LINK: Amazon | B&N | TBD
BOOK BLURB:
An edgy, realistic, and utterly captivating novel from an exciting new voice in teen fiction.
Alexi Littrell hasn't told anyone what happened to her over the summer. Ashamed and embarrassed, she hides in her closet and compulsively scratches the back of her neck, trying to make the outside hurt more than the inside does.
When Bodee Lennox, the quiet and awkward boy next door, comes to live with the Littrells, Alexi discovers an unlikely friend in "the Kool-Aid Kid," who has secrets of his own. As they lean on each other for support, Alexi gives him the strength to deal with his past, and Bodee helps her find the courage to finally face the truth.
A searing, poignant book, Faking Normal is the extraordinary debut novel from an exciting new author-Courtney C. Stevens.
REVIEW:
Thank you Edelweiss and HarperTeen for the ARC!  

Just when I thought it was him, the author just made it twist like that. lol. Good one.

Okay.. So I have read it awhile back... I honestly think it is good. Really. Okay, you got me. I do think it is a bit predictable. I put two and two together. It was easy. But what makes it good was that I know that he is the one BUT then when it was revealed WHO really did it... Wow. I really thought he was the one. Lol.

I didn't like that the girl doesn't know how to say NO. I dunno if she's like a saint or something and you know. She doesn't like to do something BUT she can't speak her mind. One thing girls should know, you are not fragile little beings. Only if you chose to be. I tell you, someone will take advantage of you and you just need to fight back. Don't let them if you know that it is the right thing to do.


Did I end up liking it even though the MC annoyed me? YES. Because in the end, she stand up on her own. Her sister stand up for her. Her sister got her own faults but I am glad in the end she chose family. It was kinda short with how the ending went but all in all it was a good ending. I just wanted to see how she and her sister tell their parents what happened to her.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

up