ARC Review: Searching For Beautiful by Nyrae Dawn

TITLE: Searching for Beautiful
AUTHOR: Nyrae Dawn
GENRE: Young Adult, Contemporary
RELEASE DATE: 4th March 2014
PUBLISHER: Entangled Teen
RATING: 
BUY LINK: Amazon | B&N | TBD
BOOK BLURB:
Before, Brynn had a group of best friends, a loving boyfriend, a growing talent for pottery. She had a life. And after…she had none.
When Brynn lost the boyfriend who never loved her, the friends who feel she betrayed their trust, and the new life just beginning to grow inside her, she believes her future is as empty as her body. But then Christian, the boy next door, starts coming around. Playing his guitar and pushing her to create art once more. She meets some new friends at the local community center, plus even gets her dad to look her in the eye again…sort of.
But can Brynn open up her heart to truly find her life’s own beauty, when living for the after means letting go of the before?
This is a Young Adult title.
REVIEW


Received an ARC from the publisher in exchange of an honest review. Thanks, Cameron of Entangled Publishing! 



I honestly didn't thought that I would like this book. I know that my friend, Deniz, love this book. So I was kinda expecting a LOT from Searching For Beautiful. On the impression that this is such an epic book. lol.

Searching for Beautiful is the first book I have ever read by Nyrae Dawn. The first 30% or so, I was worried I wouldn't continue reading the book. It was a bit lame for my taste. Yeah, I do understand the scenes, I sympathized with Brynn, but sometimes I just don't like her. I do understand what she was going through but I just don't like that she felt withdrawn. If only she did this and did that, she could have avoid the problems she had.

I keep on thinking that maybe if she just stayed honest with her friends, tried to keep it together, talk to her father, it would end up being okay. Yes, they are mourning but at least they are together. 

Nyrae Dawn's writing is not really lacking but I guess that is how she want the readers to feel. To be a bit frustrated with Brynn, to get to know Chris more, to know what and how people cope up with this kind of struggle in life. I do learned a lot from reading it. What are those? Read the ones from above. Those things are the reasons why I gave this 4 stars. It is about the lessons and the real life situation that made me like it.

I cried a bit at the end too. It was emotional.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

up