Review: What I Didn't Say


What I Didn't Say
What I Didn't Say by Keary Taylor

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Wow. Just. Wow. I'm speechless. Again. I don't read the summary, so I don't know what this one is all about when I started reading it. But there's something that captured my interest in the beginning of the book. I can't quite name it but I know that I should read it all.

I was devastated when the accident happened to Jake. And because of that accident, he could no longer talk since his vocal chords was removed because it was severely damaged and irreparable. That is really hard. Not being able to talk forever. I would die if that happens to me. I would succumb to the dark side of life. I love to talk, as most of my friends already know. I could talk non-stop for hours and my throat would be hoarse after. So imagining that situation of Jake? A very hard change in life.

What I like about this book is that there's a real life lesson after finishing the book. It teaches us that drinking and/or getting high while driving is really NOT a very good idea. This shows how Jake tried to be better and not to give up. With the help of Sam, together they tried to overcome the trials put in their way.

This book really teared me up. I can't imagine all their problems. And I like how the people in the island support one another. It's really sweet they did that. I love how Jake's family are to one another. This book is heartwarming and makes me feel really blessed to have all my senses, my family, boyfriend and friends who'll always be there, all of the good things I have. And we should really not count the things we don't have because it will just make us feel depressed and all. Instead count the things WE DO HAVE as of the moment. :)



View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

up