Review: Fifty Shades of Grey


Fifty Shades of Grey
Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



Fine. I'm giving in. Dan made me. :P

This is a bit hard to rate... I'll stick to honesty, as always. First few chapters, until chapter 7, made me feel mushy. I actually liked it then... But when Christian Grey introduced the Red Room of Pain... I started to have second thoughts. I'm wincing the entire time they are there. Fine, I'm okay with the tying up but hitting? A big fat NO.

Christian Grey said that he is NOT a Sadist but a Dominant. But as you go on the story, you'll read the part that "I want to hurt you." or that "I like hitting you." or something in that area. Uh, isn't that Sadism? The fact that he likes to hit you brought him pleasure. In my vocabulary, that's Sadism. If you remove about the BDSM parts (okay, I admit, it's not really that much), I would have swoon over Christian. I would gladly give this a five stars if only his circumstances is not a control freak as Ana always says.

I also admit that Grey is not really a Dom for that matter. Er, I know I haven't read a LOT of BDSM books and technically this is my second time reading a book about it... But I dunno. I don't think he's really a Dom. Sure he took care of Ana and all that. But I think he's just uh, manipulative and gets whatever he wants. Eh... I don't know...

Anastasia Steele, I wanted to hit her myself when she suddenly agreed to Grey. Think more before you agree with him. Don't just agree because you find him HOT and gorgeous and all that beautiful adjectives. And sometimes, her smart mind fails her with crappy choices.

I don't like the contract too. I feel like she's treated as a property although I know that it's not really like that. See why I don't really like BDSM? I can't obey ALL those rules. It will just make me feel collared. BUT I do admit that some of the scene is really erotic and affects me too. Again, I cringe with every scene in that Red Room which was I think 3 times only.

And that last part? I teared up a bit. I know how it feels when you are hit by a belt on your behind. I do. I really do, so that part was a bit hard for me to read. Cause it made me remember when I was hit there too when I was a child. It really effin' hurts. Don't get me wrong, I'm not abused by my parents. It's... yes, a form of punishment when I was a kid. I really don't like the hitting even though it's for pleasure or such. It's not right to be hit. :/ I know, you guys would or might argue with me that it's not. But well, that's my opinion. And that's yours. :)

I did enjoy some parts of the book. Like that Gliding. I enjoyed it and wanted to try it myself. Hehe. :P And what's with the inner goddess talk?! Makes me think she has multiple personality. :D

I'm tempted to give this book a two stars but well, since I have parts that I do enjoy it (like the emails!), three stars for Grey.



View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

up