Book Review: Face the Music by Andrea K. Robbins

Title: Face the Music
Author: 
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: June 14th, 2012 (Smashwords)
Rating:(3.5)
Book Blurb from Goodreads:
Allison Banks is the oldest surviving member of her family, a role she doesn’t take lightly. When she inadvertently captures the attention of America’s rising Superstar, she must weigh her responsibilities and decide if there’s room in her life for something more.

Life has dealt 24-year-old Allison Banks some hard knocks. After a tragic accident claimed the life of her mother, Allison has taken on the sole responsibility of looking after her younger sister and 4-year-old niece. Needing extra income, Allison takes on a part-time job for the new reality TV show, Superstardom. Secretly captivated by the competition’s front-runner, the mysterious and sexy singer, Chris Knots, Allison dismisses her attraction as nothing more than a juvenile crush. But, when the hunky performer reveals an interest of his own, Allison must weigh her responsibilities and decide if there’s room in her life for something more.
Originally posted in my goodreads account.

It was, again, recommended to me. I'm trying to finish books that are recommended to me first. And since this book is a stand-alone, I decided to give it a try.


So... plot... the plot was for me, predictable. I know what would happen in the end. I have read a lot of books with this kind of plot. You don't know how the Filipino love this kind of genre. I've read a lot of contemporary books in my language. And this plot was so overused in here. So I already know what will happen in the end of this book, I mean what will the climax be. I think you guys will know what will be the reason behind why Allie did what she thinks was the best. 

So there, as for the characters... Hmm... They are okay. I mean, Allie is somehow whiny but kinda understandable. Chris is cool, sexy, had a great voice, handsome, Superstar, what else would you want? The supporting characters are good too, Jake, Allie's sister, Lauren, Molly (I like Molly! :)). 

Overall: I thought it was okay. 3.5 stars. I enjoyed some scenes like the massage scene. :P I actually feel like this book is so long. Or slow-paced. Or is it just me? But I finished it in 2days or I mean nights. I even slept at 2am just to finished this book earlier. >_< So yeah, I liked it but not that much. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

up