Award winners share 11 facts about themselves, answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who tagged them, come up with 11 of their own questions and tag 11 more bloggers with the award.
So here's my 11 facts about myself, questions and nominees! :)
1. If you could meet any living author, who would you choose and why?
If I could meet an author I would choose Julie Kagawa OR Rebecca Maizel. I choose Julie Kagawa because I really love her works, The Iron Fey Series and The Immortal Rules. She's also an Asian and I think I have a thing for Japanese people. :P Rebecca Maizel... So I could ask her a lot of questions regarding her Vampire Queen Series (I believe it's a Trilogy) and when will the next book will be out. I want to read it so badly right now.
2. Why Young Adult?
Why not? I'm a young adult, I actually started reading Adult books first. Like Danielle Steel. But now, I mainly read Young Adult cause I could relate to it. I'm a teen at heart and I've been a teen too, so I know what some of the characters life is. Some times, I want to be connected to them, know what they feel about their lives. I want to know it so if ever I'll come across people who were like that, I know what to do. I know how I could help them.
3. What is your favorite bookstore or library and why?
We have this bookstore in my country called Fullybooked where you could read their books for free as long as you'll not tear the book apart or something. I really like going to bookstores, especially Fullybooked (cause the books there are lots of books there with my preferred genre), cause I could hunt for new titles where I would type it in my phone, check out the reviews so I'll know if it is worth buying. Oh, I like going to my institute's library too back when I was still a student. I mostly found books there where I could read during my free time. :)
4. Rank the last 5 books you read from most enjoyed to least enjoyed.
1st place - Stolen Nights by Rebecca Maizel
2nd place - Origins by Jessa L. Gilbert
3rd place - Infinite Days by Rebecca Maizel
4th place - Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning AND Serial Hottie by Kelly Oram (I rated them the same)
5th place - Seraphina by Rachel Hartman (didn't finished the book since it really bored me and I fell asleep. And because the English used was old. :( )
5. What books made you love reading?
The first time I read a book was when I was in a hospital cause my brother got a heart surgery, that was back in 2004 (?) I guess. And my cousin (she's the one who totally influenced me reading ANY Fictional books) lent me her pocketbooks (a Filipino pocketbook where it's in our language and contemporary genre). So since I don't have anything to do, I started reading it (even though I vowed to myself I'll never read those kinds of books) and I found out I totally enjoyed reading it. So she lent me her Britney Spears book, A Mother's Gift. I was hooked, I tried reading more Filipino pocketbooks, then I upgraded to Danielle Steel's books. And then there came TWILIGHT. Oh God. I was really addicted to Twilight back then. I hunted the books in every bookstores cause they always said that it's OUT OF STOCKS. So imagine my happy face (I almost dance in the mall) when I saw hundred of copies of Twilight books. :D So there, That's how I started loving books. I guess, Thanks to Twilight, I became to love YA books. ;)
6. Why and when did you start blogging?
I already answered this question last last week for the Feature & Follow Friday Meme. But I'll answer it again. :) I started blogging because I want people to know that IT is FUN to READ books. I want them to know what books I'm reading and recommend it to people cause you know, it's kinda fulfilling when a person reads your recommended book and they enjoyed it like you did. It's a kind of high. LOL! I had a friend who gets really happy when I said that I really liked the books he recommended to me; to the point he now insist that I should call him "Master" or "Lord" or "God". LMAO!
7. If you could go anywhere in the world right now, where would you go and what book would you take?
I really like to go to South Korea, Japan, New York and Paris. I would bring one or two Harry Potter books.
8. Describe your dream book.
Dream book? I really don't have one. As long as it is Young Adult or even Adult and it makes me smile, giddy, sad, laugh, teary-eyed then I would take it. :)
9. What's your favorite book cover(s)?
Now this is a question I really like. :P I liked the covers of Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare and Witch Born by Amber Argyle. The book covers of the said book were so pretty. I love them. :)
10. What is your favorite food?
Favorite food... I'm a dessert enthusiast. I mean, I love desserts but mostly, chocolates. I could eat a whole bunch of chocolate in a day, my throat will NOT hurt, or even my teeth. :P I could eat chocolate cakes too in almost one sitting. I'm totally addicted to chocolate. If I got mad at you, all you have to do was give me chocolates. :P
11. Are you a city person or a country person?
I'm at impasse. Um... I think I'm a city person. I don't know if I could survive being in a country or province. But I like going on vacation on provinces. So yeah, I'm a city person since I really lived in a city since I was born. :P
11 Facts about me:
11 Facts about me:
- I like animes. mangas and the likes.
- I like YAOI (meaning, boys love. Yes, MM. But I read manga only. :P )
- I don't really like cooking but now I'm learning and loving it. :P
- I LOVE CHOCOLATES.
- I'm a bag
horder, I mean collector. :P
- I like collecting pencils and ballpens.
- I would ask my mom to feed me whenever I read a really good book. :D Cause I can't bring myself to stop reading so I could eat by myself.
- I like going to the mall to window shop.
- I like electronic gadgets. I could familiarize myself with it just for a short time. I'll know the ins and outs of it. :P
- I got a habit of being grouchy to my family. But not always to friends.
- I can usually trick my family to do whatever I want. I mean, if I want them to buy me this, especially if I ask my Uncle and my dad, they'll do it. :P
My questions to my nominees:
- If you could choose a book outside your genre, what would it be and why?
- E-books or Physical Books? Why?
- What one book you'll recommend to a person who has never read fictional books?
- If you could buy only 5 books for the entire year, what would it be?
- What is your all-time favorite book? Just ONE. Okay, unfair, TWO then.
- What is the title of the book you haven't finished because you couldn't get into it? Explain.
- Paranormal or Dystopian?
- If you only have three questions you could ask your favorite author, what would it be?
- Most Memorable book for you.
- What is your habit when reading a book?
- What movie based from books are you religiously waiting for?
Passing the Award on to:
- Alisa @ Books are my reality
- Valen @ The Readers Heartstrings
- Max Cio @ The Paper Fort Upstairs
- Yanee @ Behind those Nerdy Glasses
- Miss Lyn @ Reading Tsinoy
Thanks for the tag, Lauren! I surely missed other great blogs in here. I would love to meet all of you fellow bloggers! :) Have a great Monday!