Feature & Follow Friday #1

Feature & Follow Friday is blog hop hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. The two blogs they are featuring this week are: Reading and Writing Urban Fantasy and The Paperback Princesses.

Q: Jumping Genres: Ever pick up a book from a genre you usually don’t like and LOVE it? Tell us about it and why you picked it up in the first place.

Um, I usually read books that have good covers. Yes, I'm a sucker for good covers. And when I like the summary too, then I'll read it. And of course, I read books that are recommended to me. I have been reading Fallen From Grace by Laura Leone. I am not yet finished but I'm halfway done. I picked it up because a friend of mine wants someone to read it with. This book is totally not my genre since I mostly read Young Adult books. And well, this is an Adult Fiction, yes, Erotica too. So I started reading it yesterday night and boy, I'm starting to love it! Uh, no, I love it! 

Have you bibliophiles read it? I'm excited to know your answers! Follow me so I could follow you back. :)

16 comments:

Linda @ (un)Conventional Bookworms said...

I have never heard of that book, but I'll check it out.

I'm a new follower :) Here's my FF post.

Have a great weekend!

Lexie said...

Hi! I haven't heard of it too, just learned it from a friend. And Thank you!

We have the same name. Cool! :)

Have a great weekend too!

Lyra said...

I haven't heard of the book you mentioned, but I'll check it out soon.

I'm a new follower, and here's my FF! :)

Lexie said...

I guess it's because it was released way back 2003. So you guys might not heard of it.

Thank you for following. :)

Shawn said...

I've bought a few book in my time for the cover as well. Mixed results, as you can imagine. I did like City of Bones, which kept catching my eye because of the cool cover.

New Follower!

Errant Author: Feature and Follow

Lexie said...

I love City of Bones! Thanks for following! :)

Mel@Thedailyprophecy said...

New follower ^^

Covers, yeah, I know what you mean. I'll be likely to pick up a book by it's cover, even when I normally wouldn't read it :p

http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.nl/2012/07/feature-follow-7.html

Lexie said...

Thank you for following, Mel! :)

I actually picked up a really good cover but it's not for me. :(

Anonymous said...

I haven't heard of it yet but I'll definitely check it out.

New follower!

Happy Reading!
Austine @ The Red Reader ==> Read my #FF

Lexie said...

Awesome! Thank you for dropping by! :)

Kimberly said...

Covers help a lot, because if they catch my eye then I will read the synopsis, and if I like it I may read it. I have not read that one though - I don't read much erotica. But it's cool that you liked it! It's good to read things out of our comfort zone!

Thank you for following me! I've followed you back!

MzAlisaKay said...

LOL I'm reading Fall from Grace right now. I picked it up because I heard you and Kingston talking about it.

And yes, covers are very important. Though I've gotten terrible books with beautiful covers and awesome indie books with awful covers.

Lexie said...

Have you read our spoilers though? :P Our theories were so wrong! LMAO! Just finished it today. It's good!

Me too! But I actually thought the synopsis was okay but when I started reading it... omg. :D

Lexie said...

True! Covers should be really catchy so people like me would pick it up. LOL! But I pick up books based on the title too. :)

Thank you for stopping by!

Lauren @ Northern Plunder said...

Oh I love good covers too! :D They're so pretty and normally pretty good books too.

Here is my Follow Friday
Lauren from Northern Plunder

Lexie said...

Thank you for stopping by! :)

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

up